Off the Shelf and Custom Designed Power
Sequencers for power audio amps - so they don't all come on at once and
Most other sequencers use small inexpensive 25 amp relays to control
the power to the amps and charge big bucks for the replacements. Inrush
on even medium sized amps can be 60 amps or more.
We use inexpensive 2 pole, 40 amp, off the shelf contactors, whose
contacts are paralleled together to handle up to 80 Amps!
The user interface can be anything from a simple pushbutton to a
locking keyswitch – local or remote mounted or multiple remote mounts.
A pilot lamp can be added to let the operator know that the unit is
OFF, SEQUENCING (light flashing) or ON (steady light). A remote
operated, high amp, contactor is also available to turn on your
mixer/effects if not near your amp rack.
Internal controller features:
- Upon a “system on”
signal trigger the unit will turn on rack and remote
mixer, then in 5 second intervals (adjustable) turn on amp channels. An
indicator lamp will flash until the last stage is on and then stay on.
- Upon a “system off” signal trigger the unit will shut off all the
channels and start flashing the indicator light, then in 5 seconds,
turn off the rack, remote mixer and indicator lamp.
A 5 second time delay between turning on each amp stages. This timing
- A time of day clock with auto shutoff at midnight. This time is
adjustable (though not easily by the end user) but is easily bypassed.
- An Internal Lockout switch will prevent anyone from using the
interface switch to turn the system on.
- The standard system has one Rack Hi-Amp Circuit and 5 Hi-Amp
circuits and one remote RackContactor connection. Output Contactors: 40
amp, 2 pole, paralleled to 80 amps.
- Can be
hardwired or have plug ends to match the needs of the client.
can be custom designed and custom programmed for a variety of
customer needs. If you can think it up, we can make it happen:
- Multiple locations for controller pads
- Lockout of controller pads
- Time delay between stages
- Preprogrammed off times
- Wireless Remote
- Rack enclosures
- Systems can be upgraded in increments of 4 for more Amps
a total of 13 Amplifier Stages.
- Larger systems can be designed
Also: custom electronic design and circuitry.
- Custom controls for remote switching of inputs.
- Custom control for industry.
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also check out: KahunaTunes